EArlier Works By Daniel R. Tobin
The AMA Guide to Management Development (with Margaret Pettingell) presents the management competency model he developed (and validated) for the American Management Association (AMA) and discusses how companies can use and misuse competency models.
- “The AMA Guide to Management Development … is a valuable resource full of best practices for all management [development] professionals.” – Ken Blanchard
- “Dan Tobin and Margaret Pettingell truly ‘get it’ when it comes to training and developing managers. Their concepts, techniques, and case examples are presented in easy-to-understand language.” – Jim Kirkpatrick
- “Tobin and Pettingell have masterfully synthesized and integrated the complex and often confusing domai of management and leadership development.” – David Ulrich
All Learning Is Self-Directed: How Organizations Can Support and Encourage Independent Learning helps organizations avoid the major pitfalls inherent in the trend toward independent, self-directed learning. The books contains guidance on how to:
- Develop new organizational and individual employee learning strategies to meet the workplace challenges of the independent, self-directed learning
- Create a top-to-bottom positive learning environment that supports and encourages learning at all levels and by all methods
- Manage intellectual capital in the free-wheeling environment of independent, self-directed learning.
The Knowledge-Enabled Organization: Moving from “Training” to “Learning” to Meet Business Goals outlines a new way to actively bolster the skills and knowledge truly needed to achieve business goals and foster a positive learning environment.
- TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT MAGAZINE, January 1998: “Rarely does a book come across my desk that has enthused me as much as THE KNOWLEDGE-ENABLED ORGANIZATION, which truly captures the spirit of a new era in employee learning and organizational transformation. Daniel Tobin challenges the assumptions and established rhetoric of business practices and organizational culture. He does that by suggesting that we replace traditional training methodology with a more holistic approach to learning. This new approach is a more accurate description of what is taking place in many successful, knowledge-driven organizations today.”
Transformational Learning: Renewing Your Company Through Knowledge and Skills discusses how companies can use the knowledge and skills of their employees to transform the company to meet today’s and tomorrow’s business challenges.
Re-Educating the Corporation: Foundations for the Learning Organization was one of the first books to present practical approaches to building a learning organization.
Dan Tobin’s books are available from your favorite local or on-line bookseller. To order any of these titles from Amazon.com, click here.
Dan welcomes comments on his books. Contact Dan Tobin with any comments.